A total Geek needed to help

ep2002

In Runtime
Hi there,

I'm looking for someone I can hire to remote access my computer & fix it.

I can't afford to reformat, there's just too much on my computer that would have to be reinstalled & it would take min. 3 days like last time, plus this time I have no help to do it & there's no way I can do it all on my own. I'm not a beginner at software, but I'm not intermediate either. Hardware I'm not as well versed with.

While I do have a pretty secure computer (Anti Vir, spybot S&D, spyware blaster, a router with the firewall), I'm a netrepreneur, so I'm dealing with spam e-mails every day. At least 2 hours worth of spam every day in fact.

I can also deal with nasty people online who want to bring me down, so who knows what's on my computer I'm unaware of.

About 6 months ago I went through tweaks & such with someone on another forum, but in the end I wasn't sure she really knew all that she thought she did, as she didn't find anything, & one of the pieces of software she recommended didn't read my memory correctly which I found out months later on.

I'm on XP Prof.

Just one problem I have is that on some sites I can't log in or my browser doesn't remember the p/w. I assumed it was a coding issue on the sites, but others can login or it remembers their login just fine. Just to be clear, I don't have this problem on most sites, it's only a few.

It happened again yesterday with 3 different browsers (I only use Fx). I blamed the company, but then the techi said it couldn't be them if all 3 browsers aren't working & he has a point.

I'm looking for someone who's got integrity & REALLY knows what they are doing. Not a wannabe.

Please recommend someone to me.

Thanks

Michelle

The sites doesn't remember either the user name or p/w or both & I tried one site on IE & Chrome.

I'd bet real money that some of those sites are VB4 sites. Some VB setups have that problem with some users. The VB guys and gals are working on a solution but until they have a sure fire fix we'll have to wait for VB4.1.0
As for the rest get CCleaner from www.filehippo.com. Put a check in all the functions except wipe free space. If you have a large drive the wipe free space takes way too long to complete. Run CC over and over until it finds nothing. Flip over to the reg cleaner mode and follow the prompts. May have to run that function several times to get all the junk out.
Get auslogic defrag program. It's fast and safe. http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/ Don't bother with the other product on that page.
Some of the guys will recommend combo-fix. It's a good program for doing a broad spectrum of repairs. BUT it's not for the faint of heart. In some cases it can do some serious harm. Use as a last resort.

Bottom line is you can do every thing to keep your computer happy all by yourself. It's not complicated at all.

Thank you. I already had CC on my HD, but forgot it was there.

So is that Defrag program safe?

I once paid for a program that did some stuff & they had a defrag program.

The paid program seemed to cause problems on my computer. Then a year later someone "claimed" it was spying on us (can't remember the name of the company) & I just said screw it, I'm uninstalling it.

I always wanted something that would defrag on its own.

Are you talking about Visual Basic? (VB)

Other problems I forgot to mention.

Huge problems with TB. I started using their automatic compact feature & well... I will go on if you know TB very well.

Problems with Word Press. I go to my login page & it doesn't remember my use name, only the p/w.

Thanks

Michelle

What's that program in the defrag program for junk & registry files?

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom