Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #21
Baseband Member

Default Re: Suspect Virus or Malware...Help Please?

Tried the "ESET" as well as other suggested fixes and I don't think it solved the problem. Since I'm in the "bonus period" I can't know for sure but when I tried to restart out of safe mode it wouldn't shut down and I had to push the button to turn it off.

I hate to take this to a computer technician and go through that hassle. Might not even fix it right, then I'm out the money for the repair. I'd rather just buy another computer. It would be a real waste though. I did a system restore a couple of months ago for the same problem only it wasn't as bad. I thought it was fixed because it did much better for awhile.

Is there something I can do that will completely wipe everything clean and start over? It doesn't seem like using the restore disks worked completely. Is that what "combo fix" does? Should I just take it somewhere and let a technician clear everything and start over? I'm really not sure which road to take with this problem.

Thanks for all the help.

hardhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #22
BSOD

Hi Hardhead. Most computers have a back to factory feature in a hidden partition. If you post your make and model, someone here can help you restore back to out of the box.
Also MS is offering W10 free upgrade you might consider. When you say restore disks, do you mean the disks that you created with factory restore on them? If you restored with those, then you restored back to factory. Restoring back to factory should have eliminated all malware. If you decide what you want to do next, please post make and model number and someone will help you!
Gary!!

donetao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #23
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
And if all else fails>>> Combofix
ComboFix Download
Only if the user is running 7 and below. Getting it to work for 8.1 is hard enough. It has not even been tested on 10.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #24
Baseband Member

Guys, thank you all for your help! I didn't think that it had worked because when I went to shut it down it was taking forever (as it had been doing) and I just cut it off because I had to go. I was gone most of the day and I tried it last night and it was back to normal. I think it was the "emisoft" thing that corrected the problem. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. God bless you!

hardhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote