someone help!!

becky

Beta member
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Basically every time I go on the internet after about 5 - 10 mins I get a message saying Win32 Services generic host process has encountered a prob and needs to close.... clicking on the repost it says it contains two files C:/Docume~1\owner\locals\temp\wer10.tmp.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp and then another file excatly the same apart from after the last backslash it says appcompat.txt.
I do not have a printer or scanner attached or installed.

I have run several spyware/ antivirus things including stinger, ad aware se and microsoft viruscan beta (which i have now removed after reading on another forum that after removing it it cleared up the same problem but doesnt seem to have helped). also i have read in some forums that it is essentail part of the operating systems and others that it is a virus/trojan/hijacker.

i have searched for these files by using the start, search options but cant seem to find the exact file located in the same area, can only find a svchost file in the folder C:/WINDOWS/system32.

Please someone tell me what to do cos its driving me mad and i dont know hardly anything about computers to be able to sort it out my self.

try running "sfc /scannow" in the command prompt. it will search and replace any corrupt microsoft files with the original ones.

Install SP2, and if that dosn't work do a restore and then install SP2, this happend to me 6 hours after mine come out of the box!

Also there is another thread like this where someone suggested the blaster-worm, but he had it wrong so i don't think there is a virus to worry about.

I also recommend to you that you get a firewall basically i just use windows firewall and it is actually quite good, that is the one free built into SP2.

Back
Top Bottom