Slow taskbar...Task manager automatically closing

bob_laden

Beta member
hi, im new here and not really a computer wiz. i need help cause my task manager keeps closing and its because of the process aeagea.exe is there a way to get rid of it? also my taskbar is horribly slow and won't work properly can some one pleeeeeese help me

Hi,

I have had a look on a couple of the sites that list standard programs that appear in task manager and cannot find this listed.

As David said it doesn't look right to me either.

aeagea.exe?

That doesn't sound too nifty; it certainly isn't a basic task. Is it System or you?

Do you have any Firewalls, Anti-Viruses, Special Writing Packages - although I doubt it could be anything like that - just doesn't sound right!

Installed any dodgey stuff? Divx Player? I don't know any more off the top of my head!

If it were me, I'd just reinstall Windows! But thats just me (I like sorting out the system and installing all the updates! I'm really sad :D!)

Installing Windows again is not too hard, or indeed arguous, but it always has to be a last resort!

found a solution

there is a file in C:/Windows/system32 called aeagea.exe (is a hidden file) delete it!
while your at it, delete AEAGEA.EXE-1B528188.pf in C:/Windows/Prefetch

And i think you might have gotten this from divX (don't hold me accountable for telling you that, its just a hunch)

some other programs that it *might* be:
maya
SuperDVD Recorder
other DVD ripping programs

Re: found a solution

area547 said:
there is a file in C:/Windows/system32 called aeagea.exe (is a hidden file) delete it!
while your at it, delete AEAGEA.EXE-1B528188.pf in C:/Windows/Prefetch

And i think you might have gotten this from divX (don't hold me accountable for telling you that, its just a hunch)

some other programs that it *might* be:
maya
SuperDVD Recorder
other DVD ripping programs
Wow, thanks for that. I didn't know there was a file called aeagea.exe!

Back
Top Bottom