Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default sharing documents between administrator and limited accounts in Windows XP Pro

In Windows XP Pro, in addition to an administrator account, I also have a limited account for going online. (Yes, I also take virtually all of the other recommended precautions against malware.)

I want my administrator and limited accounts to be able to share all my documents (as well as my favorites and Desktop items), with the limited account to have the same privileges as my administrator account to create, read, write, edit, save, and delete these documents.

And I would like to apply these requirements not only to documents to be created after I implement this scenario, but also to documents that already exist. And would like the whole implementation to be simple and easy to use.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but so far I haven't found anything on the net that tells me (clearly, at least) how to do all this as I've just described.

Any suggestions?

BobLewiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: sharing documents between administrator and limited accounts in Windows XP Pro

hi, you could try going to start - run - type shrpubw then follow the steps to pick your main documents area e.g on xp you would locate and choose c:\documents and settings\yourusername then customize the permission settings then write down the info given on the last page. Last of all on the limited account go to start - right click my computer - click map network drive then find your pc name - then click the folder you made and click ok then click my computer again and it should be there all in the folder
chillman15 is offline   Reply With Quote