Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default "Security Master AV" virus and BSoD

I got the Security Master AV Virus along with the FLV Player virus. I looked on sites for guides to get rid of it. I did as the guide says and the virus is still there. It seems to be reinstalling itself. I have to do everything in safe mode because every time i try to remove it in normal mode i get the BSoD "IRQL_EQUAL_OR_LESS_THAN_EQUAL" i know it has to do something with bad registry so i'm thinking the virus did something. Any help? I can't remove the virus and i keep getting the BSoD every time i try to removing it outside of safe mode. Also System restore does not work. Any help is appreciated.

noobymcnugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Omnipotent One
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: "Security Master AV" virus and BSoD

Have you tried running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
In Runtime
Default Re: "Security Master AV" virus and BSoD

Spybot S&D will probbably erase your virus, but your virus probbably brought more viruses to your computer with it, which would attempt to block Malwarebytes, AV, or Spybot. You will probbably have to reformat so if you backed up your files before the virus infected you reformat your computer and reload your files. If you did not back them up try to load whatever you want to save onto a flash drive, CD, or external hard drive and reload them.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote