Security with File Sharing Programs?

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
I read about the lawsuits regarding MPAA/RIAA. How can I tell if I'm being tracked by them? How can I protect myself from being sued? I've been reading about proxies and dynamic IP, but it's all confusing to me! Sorry if this is considered illegal, but I don't want to pay for what my friend did on my computer.

don't use filesharring programs and delete the filesharring program you have and never use it again

im not encouraging you to use filesharing but im sure you will do it anyway whatever we say so id just suggest gettin good virus, spyware protection and do a clean format of your pc every so often. id also suggest setting the file sharing program so it doesnt upload any files. id also store all the files on a cd or memory stick. oh and make sure you dont download too much (like 1gig a day or something crazy like that). i am not encouraging file sharing im just posting advice on what to do if you do use it!

Most proxy's block filesharing and stuff.

The RIAA and MPIAA can track you, and so can I.

The only way to be sure you won't be sued- Don't Use It!
I've seen stories on TV, about how they have these huge data-center type places, that all they do is track this type of stuff. They can track it all the way down to your IP address, which is like your street address. They know where you are.......and what you're doing......be very, very careful. Or just don't do it.
I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Since we can't discuss it here, I suggest you research peer-to-peer programs, and figure out the best way to secure yourself. The only sure way is, sorry, but don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom