Router File Logs

safe15

Beta member
Hello,

I just moved to Belgium and for the time being am living with my in laws. My father in law is pretty computer savvy and it kind of worries me. I am hooked up to the houses wireless router which is not secured, you can just connect at anytime. My question is I have heard that it is possible for the router to save log files of browsing history. I am not talking about browsing history stored locally on my computer, but history the modem or router itself saves from incoming IP addresses. Is this actually possible to view web history that has been sent through the router? If so how is it deleted?

I hope you do not mind me borrowing this thread because I have a question about router logs as well. I used NETGEAR WPN824v3 a while back and I got this great logs directly to my e-mail:

[LAN access from remote] from XX.XX.XX.XX:50515 to 192.168.1.101:20, Tuesday,
September 22,2009 14:49:02
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX, port 443, Tuesday, September
22,2009 14:48:47

Any way the router broke and I instead decided to go for a router to flash it with dd-wrt only later to realize that I would not get logs like that again. I have tried everything including setting up a linux router but I can not get any thing close to that.

First of all may I ask why you're masking the IP which is flooding you? I would do the opposite and post it on ip-address-lookup-v4.com instead of hiding it... Second of all I would consider disabling the ICMP service for the wan interface of your modem/router... this should significantly reduce the echo

Back
Top Bottom