Remote Desktop?

cool_guy446

Beta member
I was just wondwering how to do this. I posted earlier but had a limited amount of response on how to do it. so if you now how to do this could you please share.

(On XP) Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications, Remote Desktop Connection...enter the IP of the computer you want to connect to.

You cant have two computers with the same IP address if thats what you mean...you can type in the computer name rather than the IP address with the same result though

Here are good articles that arent too long that describe what remote connection is and how to set up and use it...hope you find it helpful.

Part 1

Part 2

Remote desktop makes me very nervous!
BTW, (I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who don't) remote desktop is included as an exception by default in the Windows firewall (at least in XP Pro SP2 and I'm sure other versions too).

I actually think that it was a good decision to include Remote Desktop as part of XP. Remote access is an important part of administration and support.

I think MS left the exception in assuming that the XP pro machined would be on a corporate network, behind a firewall.

I could be wrong. I am attempting to construct MS logic. :)

Back
Top Bottom