Program's Microsoft use

Tomibewi

Baseband Member
I was wondering a few weeks ago I got banned on Xbox live, what sort of program would they use to do this a jtag that is Xbox certified?

That exactly what I'm talking about acount bans I got banned for life on one of my accounts an I was just wondering how they did it :)

Most probably when you get banned something in their database is changed that marks your account/IP as banned so when you try to log on it looks at that and dosent let you. But ofcourse I dont work for them so I dont know exactly how they do it, this is just my guess.

I think a better question than "How did they ban my account?" is "Why did they ban my account?". Correct the behavior that caused you to get banned in the first place and maybe next time you won't get banned.

I know why they banned me, it was a First time Lifetime ban, and I paid for 5 years of live onto that account 5x£30 = £150 not to mention addons that I've bought.. what's that another £40 so all in all you could say I've bought another Xbox, I just don't think this was Just, I mean Seriously I changed the colour of an Avatar so they ban me for Life? can you not understand how irate that makes me?
I know I violated their term and conditions and I understand that, but I feel as If Microsoft as a company on a whole are the same as Apple Money Greedy.
Rant over...

Have you tried calling their customer service and trying to get your money back for the years of service that you now aren't allowed to use? If the UK has an equivalent to the Better Business Bureau (I'm from the US) then maybe they can help you. I have to admit that it does seem odd that Microsoft would purposely screw themselves out of future revenue over something as seemingly innocent as an avatar color change. Are you sure that wasn't just the last straw in a series of much worse offenses? I don't mean to accuse you of anything, but Microsoft turning down money in favor of principles seems way less likely than some guy getting legitimately banned and then lying about the reason. The latter would also better explain why you would try to circumvent the ban (most likely through illegal means) as opposed to discontinuing any further business with the company and focusing your energy into getting your money refunded. But I could be totally wrong about your plight...
Either way, the best thing to do would be to sell your Xbox and get a PS3. It's free to online game on the Playstation Network, so you're not out any money should you get banned there too.

Ohh no I tried i called Xbox uk I basically begged on the phone to them and I was dismissed to their forums to plead there, it was pointless really their reply was you violated our terms and conditions therefore your account was banned, since then I've gotten a new account. The only reason I started this thread was to try and get an insight into how they banned me.

Back
Top Bottom