Possible Virus

freddyb44

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I am new here and wanted to know what you though of this.
I am starting to get pop ups on my PC at home, and I can't change my cookie settings. Does it sound like a virus? I just updated my version on NAV and don't know if there may be a setting in there that is keeping my from changing my cookie settings. The older version I had installed, had a setting that prevented me from changing my home page unless I turned the setting off. Just curious if anyone knew of something like that with the current NAV for cookies.

On a side note, NAV has said it has blocked a Trojan.Vundo so I don't know if this may be the cause of my headache. Any help is appreciated.

-Freddie

NAV - Norton Anti Virus.

Also, I dont recomend anyone to use Norton.
Ive had good experiance with ZoneLabs, the older McAfee. and for simple computers AVG is pretty good along with Kapirskys.

Hey everyone,

I am starting to get pop ups on my PC at home, and I can't change my cookie settings. Does it sound like a virus? I just updated my version on NAV and don't know if there may be a setting in there that is keeping my from changing my cookie settings. The older version I had installed, had a setting that prevented me from changing my home page unless I turned the setting off. Just curious if anyone knew of something like that with the current NAV for cookies.

On a side note, NAV has said it has blocked a Trojan.Vundo so I don't know if this may be the cause of my headache. Any help is appreciated.

-Freddie

You say you getting pop ups with NAV well if your using the 2007 edition it does not come with adblocker but you can download the add on free from SYMANTECS web site

P.S. the add on is brill I am currently using it and get no pop ups.

Hey everyone,

I am starting to get pop ups on my PC at home, and I can't change my cookie settings. Does it sound like a virus?

Usually pop ups are a good sign that you have spyware on this machine. Which web browser are you currently running? If NAV has said it has "blocked a Trojan," then that is what you have on your system. If it found a virus it would state virus. Theirs a difference between a virus and a trojan.

If I was you I would update all my software NAV,SPYBOT ETC... download hijack this reboot system and place your system in 'safe mode' from their find the malicious code and get rid of it. Just my two cents cheers.

;)

What if I can't get into safe mode? I tried to do it and it stops loading the drivers and just restarts like normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom