Plz Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutya

Beta member
Right ok I'm not good with comps at all so this may be a stupid question to u's but is there any way to find out some1's password on a forum? Coz if yaz new how it wud be a great help :(

I suppose if you had their email address and knew the password for that then you could use the forgot password option (If it is present) to get a new password sent.

With a little guesswork, (If you know the person very well) you could try to guess it.

If you were very good at hacking (and I assume you are not) you could use the webserver to send you the password from the database,

You'd need to display a PHP of conf file as plain text to get the database apssword from the server, then you'd create a page to select the username and password from the users table.

that is of course assuming that the password was not hashed before it was saved.

Of course I assume that because you couldn't think of these yourself, you won't be able to do any of these things. (which is why unlike LK I see no problems in suggesting these ideas to you, I'm confident in the fact that you wouldn't even know where to begin)...

I assume your next post will regard either social engineering or webserver hacking?

Lol; I didn't say it cause there would be more compotent people watching who don't perhaps know of the existance of the config file.

Mutya said:
Right ok I'm not good with comps at all so this may be a stupid question to u's but is there any way to find out some1's password on a forum? Coz if yaz new how it wud be a great help :(
Its actually quite simple - first find out where they live. Then go ring their doorbell. Finally, ask them what their password is.
and if that doesn't work, then I s'pose that there is no possible way.

Now a little more seriously, a forum generally is not a good place to ask such questions...if you want to do it then devote yourself to learning the ways of hacking for a few years...

Itsme

your an idiot and anyone who gives you any idea on where to start is an idiot

I find it's usually the idiots who feel the need to call others idiots...

IMHO if anyone has the intelligence to 'hack' thier way into a webserver, then the chances are they have the intelligence to nkow where to start with hacking a webserver?

Anyone who seriously wanted to hack something would have their own copy, for instance if I wanted to hack a Vbulletin board, the first port of call would be to obtain a copy of Vbulletin to study how it works, and locate weak points.

So again, might not know about the existance of a config file, not exactly hard to find out there is one.

This part of the forum is devoted to hacking, you have no trouble giving out information on how to hack windows, or how to obtain hacking tools etc...

Why should hacking a forum be any different?

Mat, is your stance on giving help on this topic based on the fact that you were stupid enough to let slip your password a little while back anyway?

Now who's the idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom