Passwords: The not to use

I use a password system that...

1. Provides for a different password for each website I use.
2. Uses a combination of letters and numbers for each password.
3. Doesn't require Roboform or any other software to remember all my passwords.

Choose a random combination of letters and numbers that mean nothing to you or anyone but you will remember them.
Let's use 3 letters and 2 numbers.

eg. usa76

Now capitalize it.

Usa76

Now add the first 3 letters of the website domain name you are visiting (Again, capitalising the first letter).

Password for V7N Usa76V7n
Password for Hotmail Usa76Hot
Password for GMail Usa76Gma

Going by estimates in an article, it would take about 2.10 centuries to crack your password and once one was cracked, they wouldn't have the passwords to all the other websites you use, just the one they cracked.

I read it while I was surfing. hope will be an easier process for members so I shared it.

that's actually pretty good.
unique strong passwords that are easy to remember...

I heard this on a radio some other day and it caught my attention. Thought I'd share it.

These passwords are not recommened, even not to be used:

QWERTY
This password be be weird, but they are the first 6 letters of the keyboard...hence, the hacker liking to try it.

Your personal info:
Most of the times, hackers are actual friends or family. They can find it easier to get in.

The name of your pet/animal:
Animal passwords are easy to get through and actually naming the Pet's name can be easy for the family member. The animal is easy for any hackers.

Your name:
Long story short, people with their Login IDs and putting it as a password is the easiest way to get in.

WHAT I RECOMMEND (From there, it's my point of view)

Use letters and numbers:
Hackers are always frustrating themselves with digits together. Hackers will give up.

Mix it!:
Mixing letters and numbers, like this:
l33t or like m00t or even 7jm9op0 is THE OWN WAY to get 98% impossible hijacking.
Although, in order to remember it, try to minimize it to 8 characters...can your brain memorize this?:
5490ut9u54ehy45tm0h76u0698540ybj549084ujb084uy609g546

At last but not least:
DO NOT TELL PASSWORD TO FAMILY OR FRIEND!!!

Thanks for sahring valuable info.

What always surprises me is what hackers will come up with. A new classification of virus is recognized to steal information from . . . . . . . . . . . . Online Games! Well I'm not sure that most people would get upset if someone stole their Travian or World of Warcraft Passwords or whatever but I guess it's now a major issue. (lol) :)

LOL you do have to understand that some of these people have spent several hours a day dedicated to these games which is their l life (as bad as it seems). It might sound loony to us but somepeople are like that.

Great list of don'ts.... now to start instituting the use of the do's.... oh wait, not many!

thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom