Norton vs AVG

yeah Norton is great, Norton doesn't put viruses on your computer end off .. why would they do that?

Norton doesn't suck No.1 Virus Scanner product from Dec 04 to June 04

Andrew2020 said:
I think using norton has it's ups and down first of all an up it is very popular so they will probubly find virus first then any other anti-virus. now the down it is more widely used and most likely have more exploits and such.

very true

I've been using AVG for quite a while now. Usually, i never detect any viruses on my desktop, which i keep clean, but it does often on my laptop, which is a bit messy. I could use Norton, but it takes too long to scan, and usually, i get the same result as with AVG. Plus, Norton is considerably slower in my experience.

What about F-Secure? I thought they were supposed to be good.

I still think Norton comes over Pc-Cillin, McAfee and AVG. It has better protection.

However, I think Fix-It utilities has a great virus scanner too. I would recommend it too.

Umm...i might try Fix-It or PC-Cillin, but do they scan fast and take up relatively low system resources? My comp has 512MB DDR400 SDRAM, but with ZoneAlarm, msnm, CounterSpy and Firefox all open at the same time, and 2 others users logged-on, i don't want to have a slow-running machine.

seeing as this is a prety good topic I will just get on in and say norton is the best av around, and not just because I use it, because when I had avg most of the time it said it couldnt quarentine or delete the files it detected and norton seems to be doing its job preety well so I can't complain! :D

norton AV is excellent... mcafee crashed my PC when i tried to install it... useless crap...

i use Norton, AVG and sometimes avast and they all pick up some viruses that the others missed, i dont have any problems running all 3, and at least that way i know that there arent going to be any viruses on my laptop...

What i really want is just 1 AV program that won't slow down my PC, doesn't take ages to scan, yet is a great detecter and remover.

Norton slows down my PC and takes ages to scan, which is why i replaced it with AVG. I used to use Avast, and i may go back to it.

i normally have all three running, and they all scan pretty quickly, so im not sure how to help you with that one...

AVG is pretty good, but id have at least two installed,just incase one of them misses a virus...

Back
Top Bottom