Norton vs AVG

ColdwaterCS said:
norton excalltly puts virus onto your computer and when it says it haves a virus it will take you to norton website and make you pay for the service.what u really should use is McAfee and plus norton haves problems with windows xp sometimes.

B.S.

I use Norton Corporate Edition and it is one of the best virus scanners out there.

McAfee is horrible... cluttered software.

root said:
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=10112&page=1&pp=15

If you manage to get to the end of all 7 pages you'll realise that who's got the best virus scanner is a big argumet amongst computer users...

every one likes to feel they have the best...

heres a link of reviews... ay particuar attention to the bar on the left hand side...
http://www.software-antivirus.com/program/nod32-antivirus-review.html

Wow you are searching to bring up old issues and revitalize bickering between us.

There is an awfully big con list for Nod32.

"norton is full with virus on propt software."

NOPE!

Norton is great and works great.

I wasn't intending to bring up a feud... I just couldn't be bothered to write mamouth essay like posts...

frankly I'm rather going off AVG, I mean it's nice and all, but the grass is always greener etc... and you never know how good the scanner is until you try a different scaner t see if it worksany better...

I'm thinking of trying Etrust by computer associates...

It just seems you brought up a bad thread. Certainly there are other threads with you or others posting information in it. You brought up a thread that was locked because you attacked me personally.

"yes norton does put virus on your computer without you knowing it big time."

No it doesn't. In fact if it did, why does Fix-It Utilities which I use, does not detect it?

Fix-It Utilities has a fine virus scanner too. I recommend everyone get Fix-It.. because it has a huge amount of other programs that can help maintain your computer.

http://registry-repair-software-review.toptenreviews.com/fix-it-utilities-review.html

I didn't attack you personally... why don't you read the thread again...

youll see in that thread we both acted like complete idiots.
I've already said "I don't want to bring up an old feud"
I said I linked that thread as an example of quite how heated the debate of which is the best virus scaner can become...

not everything around here is directly related to you or a personal atack on you.. take away some of your self importance an you'll realise that I wasn't maknig a personal attack I was posting an opinion on a public forum...

If you want to have the same debate again... My views on Norton haven't changed. and the evidence in the previous links hasn't changed...

Though as I said I don't want to re-live an old feud, frankly it's just not something I'm interested in doing right now...

why don't you just calm down and stop looking for a fight?

Then there are plenty of other virus shield threads in this forum you could of brought up. I saw you were bringing up that one. There are more informative threads then that one. I got plenty of evidence on my side. YOu are the one apparently looking for a fight. And in that thread you personally attacked me especially with that last post you made... I was never able to respond to. I'm tired of this.

Go with Norton, and you won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom