Norton Internet Security

wilsonator

Baseband Member
I'v recently purchased a new computer and network, my new pc came with norton internet securty installed. Anyway, when I try to open a shared file on the other pc on my network I get an error message, and the same applys when I try to print to a shared printer on the other pc. But when I disable norton firewall, I don't get these error meassages and it works fine. At the moment i'v disabled norton internet security and just left windows firewall active. My question is, what do I have to do in norton to allow these things to happen with norton firewall active?

I haven't used norton in ages, mostly because it sucks. (atleast the anti-virus part does) Though I know that some ppl will disagree but I have encountered so many problems so many times with norton.
But go to the settings and mess around there. Try to find some lan settings or something like that.

And u should have some other firewall than the windows one, it definately ain't the best one there is. Good free ones are zonealarm and sygate personal firewall.

in think this should help.......

open internet secerty and click person firewall then configure. go to the networking tab and add the the network to that then it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom