Originally Posted by b4o ba0
thanx for the tip...but if its possible is anyone willing to give me some tips as to how i would do to get about to creating my own firewall?
Well u could do it like this. There might be some faults in this because I am no expert but I'll give it a try.
1. Create a program that blocks all of the ports in ur computer. (=nothing gets in or out)
2. Then u need to make it able to open & close ports (both incoming and outgoing traffic) with an easy application. (a one that the user will use when he needs to open & close ports)
3. Then with that application open the most commonly used ports. (stuff that windows, internet browsers, anti-virus updates etc use) And then set is as a default. (so that anyone who installs the firewall will have these ports open without them needing to do anything)
4. Now u basicly have a firewall which blocks all incoming & outgoing traffic exept for the programs that use the ports u opened. (and ofcourse the user can open more)
5. Then u need to do something like the application control thingy in other firewalls. So that everytime an application tries to connect to the internet it will ask u if u want to allow it or not.
6. Then I'd imagine that u would want an automatic updater, something that u just run and it then it downloads all of the latest updates from an internet website.
I'd say that a firewall like that would be great. But no doubt it's going to be hard to make and atleast I don't have any idea how to do it. And I'm pretty sure that there is quite much stuff missing, since I just wrote the things that 1st came to my mind.