netcat

elmonomalo

In Runtime
To anyone that uses netcat... why doesn't this command spawn a command shell when connected to:

nc -l -p 23 -t -e cmd.exe

Thanks,
Elmonomalo

apologize for the usage of words, but you are a newb...you copied that right out of the readme...even in the same order... first of all, hobbit does not want some newb using his program...if you really want a shell, the syntax:

nc.exe -L -d -p 23 -e cmd.exe

then to connect:

telnet 127.0.0.1 23

*Note-Netcat does not open the physical program "cmd.exe" on the remote computer. It instead, creates an open port on the system to connect to, to receive a command shell...newb...

-thecoolkidontheblock

thecoolkid: Chill. I'm sure he's aware of what he is. No need to remind him...

thecoolkid said:
apologize for the usage of words, but you are a newb...you copied that right out of the readme...even in the same order... first of all, hobbit does not want some newb using his program...if you really want a shell, the syntax:

then to connect:

telnet 127.0.0.1 23

*Note-Netcat does not open the physical program "cmd.exe" on the remote computer. It instead, creates an open port on the system to connect to, to receive a command shell...newb...

-thecoolkidontheblock

Thanks for the "help". I am actually very experienced with computers, even though you assume i'm a noob for trying to learn. So... A person who reads readme files to learn how to use a program i didn't write, but wanted to test makes him/her a noob? Well i guess everyone is a noob then... peace out.

RewtGuy said:
thecoolkid: Chill. I'm sure he's aware of what he is. No need to remind him...

Also, thanks for the comment too... it helped me solve my remote problem so much faster.

thecoolkid said:

then to connect:

telnet 127.0.0.1 23

-thecoolkidontheblock

This thread has reminded me why I stopped visiting here. This place is filled with a bunch of fourteen year old condescending script kiddies.

x0r515t said:
This thread has reminded me why I stopped visiting here. This place is filled with a bunch of fourteen year old condescending script kiddies.

I come back for a visit and i see this... and to think i used to have respect for you... I'm sorry for being a few years younger than you and a meager 2-year computer user. I do not think older more experienced people should automatically call the younger generations script kiddies. I have learned much about security from different sites and i was just simply asking a question about netcat, a program i have used once. People shouldn't flame other people for simple questions that they assume will be used the wrong way. I know if i even tried to crack something major, I and almost anyone else would be locked away for multiple years. I mean honestly... in a classroom, if a student asked a teacher how to use synthetic division when it wasn't working out correctly, would the teacher say, "Noob, you took that right from the book in exact order. Mathmaticians don't want noobs to learn how to use math. I'm sorry if i offend you but you are a noob."

Back
Top Bottom