Net security - I want it locked DOWN!

Not wishing to start a argument here, but isn't like the only reason Kaspersky is rated above NOD32 because of it's user interface?

Well lets see;
kaspersky Anti-Virus 6, shines for its top-notch malware detection and disinfection rates. It boasts a 96 percent detection rate, and cleaned 86 percent of all items in our disinfection tests. It is also the fastest at delivering new signatures out of the eight tested programs, with an average response time of 0 to 2 hours.

Now lets look at NOD32

NOD32's overall malware detection rate wasn't stellar, however. When pitted against AV-Test.org's nearly 900,000-strong "zoo" of Trojans, viruses, and other malware, NOD32 caught only 90 percent, compared to the 96 percent rate of top performers Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6, Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2007, and BitDefender Antivirus 10. It fared surprisingly poorly with 32-bit Windows viruses (approximately 1 in 11 samples in the zoo), catching only 73 percent.

Well judging by http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130869/article.html

it's not just a GUI or interface that makes it rated above NOD32. lol ;)

Cheers,
0x0161

Hmm interesting. Every other thing I've seen puts it above norton at the very least. But it's done its job for me. Cheers for the link.

Brian_Fenner <---you don't know what you're talking about. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's *garbage*.

You list a bunch of "free" app's that have nothing to do with the subject at hand..........Did I comment about that? NO!
Sure there's a ton of free apps that are awesome..........duh. Ya think your telling me something?

As a pretty good reliable rule most free AV and firewall software apps are junk. The developers use them as a bait tactic then try to sell you something that can really do the job.............bait-n-switch tactic.
It's your computer do what ya feel secure with.............I know I do.

All I would like to say is thank you celegorm for the positive feedback. Also, I tried to give you some 'points' but it said I must spread them around before giving them to you ;) (the default message that is) :)

Brain_Fenner you're funny. ;) BTW, you still don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Cheers
0x0161

Get something decent and stop running a ton of "free" garbage.
They are free for a reason...

The guy listed he has Tor/Privoxy and other 3rd party software that happens to be 'free' and you referred to it as 'garbage'. FYI Tor & Privoxy are far from 'junk' apps. Have you ever been on the TOR network?

Sure there's a ton of free apps that are awesome..........duh. Ya think your telling me something?

See whats in italics quoted above Brian_Fenner? When you stated that; you just contradicted yourself.

As a pretty good reliable rule most free AV and firewall software apps are junk. The developers use them as a bait tactic then try to sell you something that can really do the job.............bait-n-switch tactic.

I'm curious which free firewalls & anti-virus softwares are junk? I can think of a lot of good ones that happen to be free. Again, maybe you really don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Cheers,
0x0161

possable the best anti-virus programs out there are Kaspersky and Bitdefender
They both contain anti-virus and anti-spyware (malware)

Back
Top Bottom