Net Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stho1978

Solid State Member
Hi All,

I was recently given a cheap (free!) web cam and asked to try it out to see if it worked. Loaded the software and in the instruction book it asked me to set up MSN Net Meeting by typing conf in the run box, which I did.

However, now I can't connect to the internet and I've had no problems in the past twelve months or so.

It seems too much of a coincidence to be not related to web cam / Net Meeting. I've uninstalled the webcam (using the uninstall program provided with it) but still can't get onto the internet. Tried to uninstall Net Meeting but can't get rid. If I try to delete it comes up with the “Can't delete as in use by another user / application”. It's not in the install / uninstall windows program. Also the search function in Windows isn't working. Booted into Safe Mode and managed to delete Net Meeting but when I go back to normal operating system Net Meeting folder still there (in program files). The actual folder is now empty but still can't delete it, comes up with the Can't delete etc message.

I'm running Windows XP.

If all else fails I could try the Hijackthis program which I used once before when I managed to pick up a nasty virus on my PC. Not sure if this is a virus though as how would it get on there by just installing Netmeeting and the web cam.

I've also ran Spyware (program) and AVG free and they picked up a couple of pieces of Spyware but still no luck.

Also I keep trying to run Ad Aware but it keeps locking up halfway through running it. Bizarre!!!!!

Any ideas????

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom