Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Need Help Please!

Ok last night IE was working perfectly, but when I went to search Google this afternoon, no matter what result I went to click on, it would hang for a second, then goes to some random webpage, many times showing a wierd IP in the bottom right corner. I automatically figured some sort of browser hijack, so I downloaded a couple Hijack Restorers, and neither worked. I then went and uninstalled every program I have installed in the past couple of days. No luck with that either. Finally, I started a virus scan, which is in the process of running right now. Wierd thing is, when I went to search google again, it (of course) it did the wierd webpage thing again, however when I did it 5 min later, it worked perfectly. Why would IE be doing thing?

Please Help!

P.S. - The Antivirus guard has detected quite a few viruses in my Temp folders (i.e. the Documents and Setting>Local Settings>Temp folder, and the C:\Windows\Temp folder) both of which I keep deleting.

ohlin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Beta Member
Default Re: Need Help Please!

I need help too. Can somebody please help me? I'm not very good with computers and my pc just got infected with a virus- files.exe (WORM_ABI.C). According to its properties, it's an application type virus, about 84KB and the location is usually the desktop (C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\desktop). I got it from an email message. There's an infected file on my desktop (named files) and I can't delete it. I can't open it or do anything to it. And I can't open the whole C Drive. That's basically the worst thing. I worry it might spread to other drives. So far the C Drive is the only one affected, everything else is running fine. Please, anyone, tell me how to permanently delete the infected file and get rid of the virus? My Anti-Virus (Trend Micro)can't do anything about it. What software would work with this type of virus? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Owens is offline   Reply With Quote