need help

sean19

Beta member
When I run ad aware, some stuff comes up saying possible brower hijack. I have gone into the regestery and fixed it temporarily, but my changes never stay. It say it is in the HKey local machine and user software sections. Please help me with what I can do to fix this.
Thanks

Have you closed down System Restore, then deleted the Keys? Cause sometimes bugs will stay in there so if you delete them it can restore the problem.

thanks for the advice, i tried closing down system restore and running ad aware, spybot, and symantec antivirus. I was afraid to delete the keys because I think they might be important and if they are can i delete them and create new replicas and if so how?

If you create replicas then the Key, if it is a Virus or Spyware Key will not be gone? Its sort of a risk you'll have to take to do it. It you save your entire registry onto a CD, or maybe just the Files in it which you are editting then they won't be there to manifest themselves again. That would be another way if you have a CD Writer.

Back
Top Bottom