nasty smitfraud virus help

madanchi

Daemon Poster
ok so, unfortunately my sister got the nasty Smitfraud virus, I've cleaned all the tmp files etc and done the fix at here http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

now, I know how Smitfraud is installing itself back and back again after the fix, its because I cant uninstall 2 programs - mywebsearch and Splender: video enhancer. Theyre not in 'programs and features', not in program files and i just cant find them on the computer etc modern Smitfraud is a bitch

So if anyone has any help or any other fix to try, would be great thanks :D otherwise its reformat time

madanchi, I have no other fix to recommend, but I think your sister might be happier if you reformat and reinstall the OS (as long as there are no issues with data loss) A fresh, clean install would take care of the issue. Best of luck!

Rats. Turn off system restore before running the virus scanners?

I couldn't find anything on "Splender" but I did see "Splendid video enhancer" which is an Asus program usually found on their systems.

yeah i know about splendid, tbh it might have even been thta i saw but im sure it was Splendor - maybe a fake program discuising i dunno

but tbh, my sis didnt have much on her lappy anyway, also it always was having viruses and it had a load of crap slowing things down that she never goes on, but she accepted and i reformatted so fine now

Back
Top Bottom