Multiple Password Resets

bsc222

Beta member
I have been having a problem for several months where several passwords are reset at the same time and I can't log into any of them. The ones that change are Charter, Yahoo and Facebook. Sometimes they will change several days in a row, and other times it may be a week or more before they change again. After a couple of months of this, I started using an encrypted password manager, but still no change. Can anyone help with this? Thanks for your help.

What do you mean by reset - has someone clicked on a link to reset them and do you get an email saying so, or do they just stop working? I'd also grab spybot and run a full scan just to be on the safe side in these situations.

Occasionally I will get an email message that says my Yahoo password was changed, but normally I will not get a message. I am the only one that has access to my computer, and I haven't clicked on anything to change any passwords. I even formatted the hard drive and still having problems. I run SpyBot and AdAware but usually find no problems. I am running Avira AntiVir and Comodo firewall.

If what you describe above is true this is a strange one! It's possible someone else is clicking on password reset links which is what's causing you the issues. Do all the accounts get reset at once, or at different times?

They all get reset at the same time.

Both passwords with Charter get reset...the one for My Account and one for email. I have to call charter to reset My Account, then I can reset my Charter email from there. Then I have to reset Yahoo and Facebook, which sends the reset link to my Charter mail. So all of these are linked to my Charter email account.

from the sounds of your first post, it sounds like a keylogger, but the more you posted the more less likely a keylogger is, So it is quite strange

Yes it is strange. I thought keylogger also to start with. But after wiping hard drive and using password manager, I don't think so. I don't type in those passwords anymore.

Are you the only one who has PHYSICAL access to your computer? It's possible someone's put a hardware based keylogger in there (i.e. one that plugs into your keyboard.)

Clutching at straws, but this is a bizarre issue...

If that was so, would they still be able to detect my passwords? I use a password manager now and don't type the passwords in. I just drag and drop the passwords that the manager generates.

Back
Top Bottom