msn messenger

Ever think it's blocked? If they won't let you install it, then they probally don't want you using it. At any rate, if they are like my school, they have deepfreeze on so everything that was added or changed is deleted from the computer's C drive when it's shut down. If u want to use a messenger, just go to www.meebo.com

I have all the files on my memory stick and ran windows messenger from there so its not blocked.

if you have a jump drive or something install it onto that and then plug the jump drive in and open the exe on the computer you dont install anything and i would assume that it works. i got firefox on my school computer and snes emulators.

You CAN download msn in school.. Just look for it in japanese or something and hope you will get lucky. But It doesnt really matter because your filter wont allow it. The only one that is allowed, without using a proxy, is AOL.. Don't ask my why.. i'm guessing people never tried it. That or trillian.. I just downloaded and installed a bunch of things on my ipod last year and I couldn't get trillian to work right and aol is tho only otherone that worked.

You won't be able to install it on the school computer. Not being an administrator will allow you to download things but not install them.

I haven't found a proxy that works at school yet, except ijapan/red, but I click on United States and type in hotmail.com or myspace or whatever and it just says "page cannot be displayed" .. So I'm going to make my own :D but I have no idea what I'm doing.

okay there is very little chance of you being able to run a program off the school system yet alone getting it to connect via their server so your best option is to go through via IE or Firefox.

you want to use a site like ebuddy or webmessenger and login using one of those. if you can't do that then your next option is to try and bypass the proxy restrictions.

go to a site like... www.vpntunnel.net or www.mathtunnel.com there are loads of sites keep trying til you find a good one. then use that to access your chosen webmessenger. alternatively you can sit in a corner and cry... :p

Back
Top Bottom