MSN hack???

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

Well I was signing into MSN the other day and it came up with a message that said that the password was wrong and so I followed the links and changed my password and I signed in. When I signed in I noticed my MSN name had changed to soemthing offensive towards me and I am now wondering if someone had hacked my account? Is there way I can find out who?

Thankyou very much

Sounds like you were hacked, what did the name say? Was it something that your friends might know or was it a random insult?

I don't think there's any way of finding out, though, check your system for keyloggers etc.

the name was changed to "I am a f*ck head with no friends". It is sort of hard to think if it is a radom insult or by some one I know. Also how do I find keyloggers?

Thanx for your help so far

Keyloggers should be detected by your antivirus software ... anyhow, i think that you did get hacked ...

I thought Keyloggers could'nt be picked up? or very hard to find?

& Yeah and sounds like you did get hacked and that sucks dont it, if you did get hacked by friends, then they arent very nice/good friend then are they?!

Is'nt there a way to find out who did hack you tho? I thought there was anyways :confused:

Its MSN, people do that all the time......Its funny...remember? Hey ho, change your password and you'll be fine!

There's ways yep, to figure out who did it. Maybe it wasn't even a key logger. Plenty of other ways to do it.

Webmonkey, I do not understand how this is becoming illegal. We have not in anyway promoted or explained howto do anything illegal.

rusbo.uk, it's not funny when security is breached. Who knows what he could have in his inbox. Losing sensative data is not good.

Yeah, I would seriously talk to msn about this. Chances are that they have whoever did this's i.p. and can trace it. As long as you didn't have anything seriously secret or anything like that, you should fine. Otherwise, it could be legal matters...

webmonkey said:
This is starting to become illegal.
Haha, yeah. I was just about to offer him some cocaine for cheap. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyway, yeah. Get in touch with Microsoft about this. I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that someone had gotten into my account. Changing your password should do the trick, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom