Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Microsoft Product Activation after Spybot, Malwarebytes, and AVG Search

Someone in my family had a very very slow computer that they asked me to fix. I did several searches with Spybot, Malwarebytes, and AVG which turned up a boatload of viruses like Backdoor.Trojan and others. I successfully got rid of all these viruses and cleaned up the computer with CCleaner. However, the next day when they turned it on Microsoft requested the Product Activation Key. I think they removed the Tag with the key on it, so did Malwarebytes or Spybot mess something up and how do I fix it without reformatting their computer.

Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro
Default Re: Microsoft Product Activation after Spybot, Malwarebytes, and AVG Search

Download a program called 'Magic Jelly Bean' It tells you your Serial that is used on the computer and just enter that in the activation part. If that doesn't work you can call the microsoft center and give them the code that is presented when you click Activate by phone and they will tell you one that activates it.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
In Runtime

Default Re: Microsoft Product Activation after Spybot, Malwarebytes, and AVG Search

Ok I have to try the second one because when I try to load Windows it will say Windows cannot allow you to log in until you activate your computer or something like that.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
In Runtime

Ok I just saw their computer again and they had their product key inside an actual folder (not a computer one) and I reactivated their computer. Thank you for your help.