Mcafee Conflict With Windows Security

btownsen4

Beta member
Odd, while uninstalling Mcafee (sucked anyways) in safemode, Windows Security Center still says Mcafee reports it is good, and active, and The firewall says one of them is currently working. Could this help hackers, or virus writers in ways? Hypothetically if I was a virus writer/hacker, I would make a virus to implant a Fake firewall to disable Windows, and use this flaw described above for windows to say "OK", Disable the Update, and Virus software also using the Flaw. Then Tell the PC to log onto a Bot network, and wait for commands. These virus/firewall softwares also pose a bigger threat because of their enourmous system access through windows.
Anyway, does anyone know how to get windows to say "NO" again?

I believe the security center has three or four parts you must uninstall to get rid of it. That's a lot of info, hypothetically, to be hypothetical about ;)

Make sure there are no entries left in Add/Remove Programs.
Check McAfee's Web site to see if it has a "tool" to get rid of all the parts it installs. Norton has this same type of issue, even when you uninstall it, it's still there! Until you run the tool povide by, guess who- Symantec.

Back
Top Bottom