Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
Beta Member

Unhappy May have deleted important files after virus scans?

I recently was attacked with some serious adware, which I have almost completely deleted by now. The only problem is that I may have deleted some very important files. All my video games, etc. are not working because the computer does not acknowledge that the disc is in the CD drive. Audio CDs work fine, though. Also, when plugging in anything into the USB ports while the computer is on instantly switches the computer to that blue screen that reads "Shut down... Beginning dump of physical memory...etc..." Also, when running high-quality games that can run without a disc, this screen will also come back after an hour or so of play. Does anybody know if there is a Windows patch, etc. that can replace these important files? Help is GREATLY appreciated... thanks!

thecrowing86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
Baseband Member

u may not hav deleted files from windows u may hav deleted files to do with thoes games so try ininstaling the game and re-installing, and about the USB port things again try un-installing the programs/drivers to what eva u hav pluged in and re-try, tell me if this helps. Or u could just bk up all your important files on to disk and just formatt your computer this should help. gud luk

Psych0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to ducky16000
Default Re: May have deleted important files after virus scans?

check if your anti-virus software has a quarantine file, if it does restore it.
ducky16000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to hacksta

did you download the games offline or did you buy it at a store?
because if you downloaded it some of the files downloaded mite have viruses on them and then you removed them so now your games dont work but if you bought then idk
hacksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0
u may not hav deleted files from windows u may hav deleted files to do with thoes games so try ininstaling the game and re-installing, and about the USB port things again try un-installing the programs/drivers to what eva u hav pluged in and re-try, tell me if this helps. Or u could just bk up all your important files on to disk and just formatt your computer this should help. gud luk
DO NOT follow the last advice of reformatting... first try the method he stated earlier(some games have a repair feature), but if you do not have the original cd's you can download cracks and patches for your certain games of the internet. (for example... go to google.com, then type in no-cd crack or no-cd patch for *gamename*)

Also for the other things listed you can try autopatcher xp or just find your win xpdisk and do a repair(after you select your partition and hit F8 to agree to terms P.S. do not select to format the partition or delete the partition)