Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: Keylogger Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
If it's one of the better key loggers, there is no way to tell it is running. ...
I daily update and run MAM and SAS, so I think they would detect any known keyloggers. But I never install anything new on Vista anyway to get infected in the first place. I only ever install Vista updates, so I cannot get infected I do not think as I only use Vista to play online games and to use softphone.

adamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #12
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I once used a keylogger called SpyBuddy that was undetectable by virus and spyware scanners.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #13
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamd View Post
I daily update and run MAM and SAS, so I think they would detect any known keyloggers. But I never install anything new on Vista anyway to get infected in the first place. I only ever install Vista updates, so I cannot get infected I do not think as I only use Vista to play online games and to use softphone.
No software is perfect. And all you really need to get a virus now-a-days is an active internet connection. Just because you don't use anything else doesn't mean nothing else can come in.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #14
Wizard of Wires

If they were detectable then they wouldn't be of much use would they?
I have one that is used in the office for the intenet accessable computer. It's not that I want anything of personal value, I just want to know where the staff is going to pick up all the viruses and trojans the computer comes up with.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

I dont think that running VirtualBox will prevent Keyloggers TBH. It's not a direct hardware interface... The OS is running on TOP of windows, not side by side..
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #16
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
No software is perfect. And all you really need to get a virus now-a-days is an active internet connection. Just because you don't use anything else doesn't mean nothing else can come in.
Can you please give me an example how a virus can infect my Vista when I never install anything new, and never open an email attachment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
I dont think that running VirtualBox will prevent Keyloggers TBH. It's not a direct hardware interface... The OS is running on TOP of windows, not side by side..
I tested this one day, using a couple of anti-keylogger testing programs, and whatever I typed into firefox in the guest Ubuntu Virtualbox session, was never detected or read by the host Vista keylogger.
adamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Can you please give me an example how a virus can infect my Vista when I never install anything new, and never open an email attachment?
Just going out on a limb here, but a friend could have put a virus on your comp unknowingly and you wouldn't have known. And it'svista how else.

hemp is offline   Reply With Quote