Keep/Dump Norton?

TheeOx

In Runtime
Hello to all.

My Norton is set to expire soon, and the thing is getting more expensive every year. I was looking into telling Norton to take a hike and
using instead free antivirus or perhaps the free Security Suite from my ISP.
So what would you suggest?
Keep Norton, or use free antivirus software? And if so, which free antivirus package(s) would you suggest?

Remember, the keyword here is ‘ Free ‘.

Thanks!
Thee:ermm:

I have use retail security applications in the past but today I'm using ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall (free) and have been for a few weeks now with no complaints :)

Dump Norton. There is plenty of free antivirus software that works as good (better?) than Norton.

These are the main ones:
Avast
AVG Free Edition
Microsoft Security Essentials

I use Microsoft Security Essentials on alot of computers and it seems to work pretty good. It did let a rouge antivirus on the other day though....

I guess you have gotten the answer you are looking for.
i'll also say dumb that garbage. No need for a 99% of all users to pay for antivirus.

I prefer to call it Noton IsaVirus as opposed to Norton Antivirus.

The whole suite you get is just too big, too memory hungry and just isn't that great.

As the others have said look for a free AV, my personal fav is AVG, but google best free AV and there should be some comparisons so you can compare what works for you.

I would also suggest to use a free antivirus..
I personally have used avast and its good..
also as suggested by *= WildCat =* you can use ZA antivirus..
Also AVG is available and there are many but by reviews I have found these too best among all..

Dump Norton. The only pay-to-use AV that's any good IMO is NOD32.

To add to the list of good freebee's that have been suggested I'd add Microsoft Security Essentials to the list. On the computer I don't use quite as often that's what I run.

Back
Top Bottom