IP banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakedog said:
David, as much as I hate to break your authority, I disagree. I don't know if you're only refering to forums you and your buddies own (I know you own several), but I've been in many, many communities online, and rules about not having multiple account are simply don't go through. Like I said before, it is impossible to enforce.

I'm not saying it's right to have multiple accounts, that can lead to spam in certain situations. But it certainly isn't illegal. (On CF it's breaking the rules maybe, but there is a difference between illegal and breaking the rules, the government can't do anything should I register multiple accounts, obviously).

snake, go google. Google proxy, or type in proxy in wikipedia to find out what it is. Go find out yourself. And learn how to type correctly online, to refrain from sounding like an idiot. MooseMan, that goes for you too, this is not AIM, please actually type out "too" or "to", the number 2 does not replace it.
Yeah, multiple accounts aren't exactly "wrong", but they can lead to other problems like spam, attacking, and whatnot.

In terms of it being illegal, it wouldn't be exactly illegal, as rakedog said, but it would be breaking the rules. Illegal would be hacking or something like that.

I've been on some other forums and I have noticed the multiple account rule in many different forums. It is actually a good rule, but yeah, it can be easily broken.

Anyway, thats just my two cents.

And David can look at it if he wishes even if you close it Brookfield. And he can re-open it if he wishes.

snake got his answer, so close it already.

rakedog said:
David can look at it if he wishes, even if you close it Brookfield. And he can re-open it if he wishes.
Of course he can, but I don't intend to close it yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom