IP banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, if you're referring to site oldies, I outrank you by quite a lot. =P . As far as age, yes, I'm way behind.

Why in the world would it be illegal to have multiple accounts on a forum? I have ~3 or 4 on this forum for the times I was banned, and still wanted to post. I don't understand your logic. This is the internet, you can't tell people to "Use one account". People can do whatever the hell they want. Hell, if I wanted to have 1000 accounts on this site (or any other forum that I go to), I'd write a script and easily do it. I just don't have a reason to do so, and they could easily IP ban them all (or purge them all by the email, or registration date (that would take a few other accounts with them too though)).

rakedog said:
First of all, if you're referring to site oldies, I outrank you by quite a lot. =P . As far as age, yes, I'm way behind.

Why in the world would it be illegal to have multiple accounts on a forum? I have ~3 or 4 on this forum for the times I was banned, and still wanted to post. I don't understand your logic. This is the internet, you can't tell people to "Use one account". People can do whatever the hell they want. Hell, if I wanted to have 1000 accounts on this site (or any other forum that I go to), I'd write a script and easily do it. I just don't have a reason to do so, and they could easily IP ban them all (or purge them all by the email, or registration date (that would take a few other accounts with them too though)).
Oh god, I grow weary of you, ask David about CF members having more than one account, that's what I mean specifically, not the other reasons that you give, or though those sound illegal, hmmmm, I'm thinking you won't ask him, as you know I'm right, I'm forwarding this to David now.

Alright then. But have fun proving it. Ever heard of proxies?

EDIT: Oh and, CF is the only forum to date that is stupid enough to have a rule about multiple accounts. It is impossible to enforce, and impossible to catch.

rakedog said:
Alright then. But have fun proving it. Ever heard of proxies?

EDIT: Oh and, CF is the only forum to date that is stupid enough to have a rule about multiple accounts. It is impossible to enforce, and impossible to catch.
Actually all major forums do. Unless we are talking about forums with <10 people registered :rolleyes:

David Lindon said:
Actually all major forums do. Unless we are talking about forums with <10 people registered :rolleyes:
Thanks David, at last a note of sanity, although it was obviously mostly one member that raised the strongest, perhaps incorrect views, oh, & doesn't he qualify for a rap across his knuckles guys for calling our CF stupid?

plzz in between can aybody tell me , what is the sloution and can anybody plzz tell me ...how can i use a proxy server ?? and what is it ?? i will appreciate it ..thanks !!!
and about it is legal or illegal to have two ids on a forum...plzz leave that to me !!! i came here for a solution ...guyzz plzz help me in that purpose !!!!

Brookfield said:
Thanks David, at last a note of sanity, although it was obviously mostly one member that raised the strongest, perhaps incorrect views, oh, & doesn't he qualify for a rap across his knuckles guys for calling our CF stupid?
i know were off topic on this thread but i do agree. Rakedog you may be right about being able 2 get into forums with proxies and what not. but the internet is not a do whatever u want zone. just because u have the ability 2 doesnt mean you can freely, or without risk of consequences. I think having multiple accounts is a bad thing and most people only use multiple accounts to be sly and try not 2 get caught with things they're trying 2 get away with

snake said:
plzz in between can aybody tell me , what is the sloution and can anybody plzz tell me ...how can i use a proxy server ?? and what is it ?? i will appreciate it ..thanks !!!
and about it is legal or illegal to have two ids on a forum...plzz leave that to me !!! i came here for a solution ...guyzz plzz help me in that purpose !!!!
if you really want 2 use the forum you can use a different computer or use a proxy. i really don't think a proxy would be worth the trouble.

David, as much as I hate to break your authority, I disagree. I don't know if you're only refering to forums you and your buddies own (I know you own several), but I've been in many, many communities online, and rules about not having multiple account are simply don't go through. Like I said before, it is impossible to enforce.

I'm not saying it's right to have multiple accounts, that can lead to spam in certain situations. But it certainly isn't illegal. (On CF it's breaking the rules maybe, but there is a difference between illegal and breaking the rules, the government can't do anything should I register multiple accounts, obviously).

snake, go google. Google proxy, or type in proxy in wikipedia to find out what it is. Go find out yourself. And learn how to type correctly online, to refrain from sounding like an idiot. MooseMan, that goes for you too, this is not AIM, please actually type out "too" or "to", the number 2 does not replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom