Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default IP banning

hello everyone,
i was ip banned from one of the websites !! whenever i make a new id on that site i get banned again !! can some body help me over this ...plzzz !!!

Old 07-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: IP banning

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
hello everyone,
i was ip banned from one of the websites !! whenever i make a new id on that site i get banned again !! can some body help me over this ...plzzz !!!
We can't help you, it would have admin at that site, admin are the only staff members that can un-ban, mods can't do it, which website is it?

Old 07-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Golden Master

Mods, please don't close this thread yet, I need snake to answer me first, thanks.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
Solid State Member

go to hideus.com and access the site through there
-or-
use a proxy (google for available proxies that are online)
Old 07-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Golden Master

Now now, if made a violation of the rules, you have to accept it. You learn from your mistakes and go on with this. We can't do anything because it is considered attacking.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
We can't help you, it would have admin at that site, admin are the only staff members that can un-ban, mods can't do it, which website is it?
its a gaming website..( i donno whetherit is avalid to name the site over here or not )...how can i be helped...?? do i have to change my whole computer hardware or change my isp !!!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
its a gaming website..( i donno whetherit is avalid to name the site over here or not )...how can i be helped...?? do i have to change my whole computer hardware or change my isp !!!
You can't change your ISP, & if you came back with a new account, you'd be detected, & both accounts disabled, & changing your hardware sounds too drastic.

I'm guessing that it's the games forum run by one of our members, I went there to look around, I saw your name as a member, didn't I?

Unless it's the one run by Seti, he runs a tight ship, let me know what you decide, it might be wise to abandon it & join another, go to Google & enter "gamin site, get back to me by PM
Old 07-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Brookfield, I don't know where you learned your "computer knowledge", but you seriously need to check out your sources.

You can always change your ISP, as long as there is another one in the area. And yes, that will give you a new IP address. As far as your comment "hanging your hardware sounds too drastic", you phrase it as thought you mean to say it's possible to be unbanned if you change your hardware. I honestly hope you have more mental power than to even for a seconds think that.

And snake, wow, you got banned from a site for doing something stupid, woop-ti-doo. Go cry about it, based on how you type/post, I would ban you too. There is nothing you can do unless you go proxy, but I doubt you have a patience to figure out how to do that.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #9
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to cileskot

is it really that great of a site that you want to do all this owrk to change your identity so you can go back there acting like someone else? why dont you just acept your punishemnt?
1.5gb Ram
19" Samsung LCD
Old 07-17-2006, 02:56 AM   #10
Golden Master

Unhappy Re: IP banning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Brookfield, I don't know where you learned your "computer knowledge", but you seriously need to check out your sources.

You can always change your ISP, as long as there is another one in the area. And yes, that will give you a new IP address. As far as your comment "hanging your hardware sounds too drastic", you phrase it as thought you mean to say it's possible to be unbanned if you change your hardware. I honestly hope you have more mental power than to even for a seconds think that.

And snake, wow, you got banned from a site for doing something stupid, woop-ti-doo. Go cry about it, based on how you type/post, I would ban you too. There is nothing you can do unless you go proxy, but I doubt you have a patience to figure out how to do that.
OK, I will admit my knowledge is patchy, I didn't have a computer until I was in my mid-sixties, I'll concede that I didn't know that ISP's could be changed in that particular case, the point I was making was if he changed his ISP & re-registered, he would then have two accounts, which by any forums site, is illegal surely?, please correct me if I'm wrong, & I think you know my age, my birthdate is in my profile, [born 1931] don't be so quick to have a go at the oldies, thanks.

Oh, & don't be so rude; "I honestly hope you have more mental power than to even for a second to think that"

Closed Thread