Impossible virus trouble

Devils6258

Baseband Member
I have alot of viruses and spyware on my computer. I've downloaded a bunch of different free programs but they dont seem to fix my problem. They did find alot of viruses but not the one i want to focus on. The one I'm trying to kill is preventing me from running the program Steam on my computer. When I try to open it it loads for 2 seconds then nothing happens. It starts running in the background but thats it. I would appreciate any help.

If that is the case, then re-format your system and reinstall your OS.

I agree if you have so many viruses i would definatly start all over, try spybot search and destroy or nod32 av for virus removals or even microsofts malicious spyware removal tool

Again, reformat the machine. Seriously, viruse(s) & spyware/malware and all other malicious code can still reside in the system. Only sure way of knowning your computer system is 100% malicious code free is by reformating and reinstalling.

Just back up you're data and reformat like these guys have said, doesnt hurt to give you're computer a wipe every once in awhile anyway. :)

Just back up you're data and reformat like these guys have said, doesnt hurt to give you're computer a wipe every once in awhile anyway. :)

wow, when u say back up do u mean put the files back in after he reformats? lol it would be pointless most viruses go into alot of folders in different bits and pieces

anyway, i have problems like that, my norton 2005 detects a virus but is unable to quarantine or fix it, and sometimes steam does that where it says launching steam account then it just runs the process but theres no window for steam. usually fix it by restarting but i get it alot. so im doing a clean install of vista today!:D

Back
Top Bottom