Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default I guess you could call this a hack - installed a UPS inside my comp

I have limited space in my room, so I decided to take the backup battery and put it inside the computer. If a laptop can have a battery, why not a desktop?

It's pretty cool, Check it out: http://forums.futureofcnc.com/index....howtopic=1587&

absh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
Beta Member

Send a message via ICQ to charliev Send a message via MSN to charliev Send a message via Yahoo to charliev
Default Re: I guess you could call this a hack - installed a UPS inside my comp

This link doeesn't work, or so says futureofonc.com when I try it. Otherwise, your idea seems sound.

charliev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: I guess you could call this a hack - installed a UPS inside my comp

I really don't find that a wise idea...You could seriously overheat your computer. There is a major reason why they don't install UPSs into computers. They will overheat your computer and fry your motherboard...Just a small warning...It may sound sound, but that doesn't mean it is...Secondly, laptops can have batterys because the motherboard and fans are made to withstand the heat given off by a battery. Why do you think that processors have such low speeds in laptops?

-thecoolkidontheblock

-Thomas Edison, Modern Day.
thecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Beta Member

Send a message via ICQ to charliev Send a message via MSN to charliev Send a message via Yahoo to charliev
Red face Re: I guess you could call this a hack - installed a UPS inside my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoolkid
You could seriously overheat your computer. ...overheat and fry your motherboard...
-thecoolkidontheblock
Kid, you are so right! I have two desktops and I have two cooling fans on the one I use daily. A bit excesive? True, but I've had it burn before from overheating. My apologies; wasn't thinkng right.
charliev is offline   Reply With Quote