How to un-install an update

jetsmell

In Runtime
There's a particular update that is recking havoc with my Flight Simulator. It has been proven in forums that the update is the problem. The Windows 10 version 1709 ( JC017224Q0 ) is the culprit. I know where to go to uninstall the newest updates but this one is not listed. It is listed as installed. How do I go back farther to find it?

You should be able to roll back to the previous build via Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go Back to the previous version of Windows 10

this option is usually visible for 10 days after a new build is loaded.

Well now, I not only have the ' Creators ' Update, there's about six more. I can't uninstall them. I can't do a recovery, and I can't go back far enough to do a restore. This ' Creators Update has clearly messed up my simulator, and after viewing some gaming forums, I'm not alone. I really don't know what to do.

Sounds like the only thing left is to reinstall windows. iirc with windows 10 it's pretty easy to get it reactivated as long as you use the same hardware...

EDIT: though i'm not sure where you'd get an older build of windows 10. At least not legally....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom