How to reinstall computer

marta1

Baseband Member
I got a problem. I locked my pc desktop with username and password. But I never opened/used the pc last year until now. I Tried to open it. But, didnt happen and nobody opened my pc. The question is.
How I can use my pc again?
If re install what I suppose to do?

Sent from my Z00D using Computer Forums mobile app

You will have to tell us what operating system you have and also the make and model of your compuyter. If your pc came with backup disks, not likely in this day and age, you could reinstall using those. You will have to change the bios settings to boot from the backup DVD.

I'm afraid that if you do not understand what I have just said it's probably easier for you to call on a friendly techy guy to do it for you. It is notoriously hard for us to talk you through reinstalling your computer on a forum. Having said that someone will try no doubt.

Do you have a tutorial or something else. So I can visit that blog/web. The os is windows 7 the model computer is dell

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

How to came in bios
If I starting my pc.. the desktop monitor directly displayed the username and password.

Hmm... could you take a screenshot with an external imaging device like a smartphone and post it here? I have a feeling it is the BIOS password you're asking about. You sure it is both a username and a password or just a password?

Just like that the display

Attachments

• 1469961459220.jpg
    1469961459220.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
What supppose to do

I Will follow the instruction

Hmm, tough question.

Did you by any chance register your MSN/Hotmail/etc. account in Windows? If you did, try using that Microsoft account's username and password to log in. Also, are you sure you created specific username and password or just locked it? With some settings, Windows could show this screen even with no password set. Try using the name of your computer with the password field blank, or both blank all together.

The above is not likely, and I guess formatting is most likely the way to go. You know what, if it is not important for you to keep this current Windows installation, just format it and save yourself the trouble. There's probably a sticker somewhere on the case with the Windows Key since the computer is a brand setup. That will allow you to install any Windows of the same version mentioned on that sticker. So no worries in this part if it's confirmed.

I try it. But everything is error

I tried woth password reset wizard. But it was error

Attachments

• 1469971940721.jpg
    1469971940721.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom