Hijack this

Yeah, basically when it hits night time it is constantly dropping out, but for longer then 10 seconds, sometimes up to 5 minutes.. Sometimes the time it will work for wil be 10 seconds, lol...

my isp is TPG (TPG.COM.AU) an Australian ISP, known for having crappy customer service. I have talked to them many times and they say that its not on there end. Its ADSL Broadband

I have had this problem for 6 months now and still cannot fix it. They also told me to ring them when it drops out, but its to late to ring when it does it. They told me to move my pc right next to the phoneline and use a short phone line chord but its hard when my pc is all set up and the wires are all up and its hard to move.

I have a few thoughts if its not my ISPs fault it could be:
-My router, I have had it for 8 years, Im not sure if its not working properly or if its old and hasnt got all the settings needed for todays internet... (dont know anything about routers but maybe a new router could fix the problem, but they cost heaps)

-I have cable TV (Foxtel in aussie) that uses 2 filters and uses the phonelines, maybe its that interfering with the internet.

-I thought viruses or spyware but I turned the computer that I suspected that had a virus and used another computer but its still slow and dropouts, and I cleared the viruses.

but still, why only at night time... it works fine in the day but at night. the foxtel tv is used during the day and at night, the router works fine in the day, but why not at night.

I just dont know. Im thinking switching ISP's and see if the problem persists, TPG has good prices for speeds but crap C.S.

ive had a similar problem with my modem
aparently there was some signal interference from an unknown source
that happened regurally
i would recommend trying a new modem, because some old ones
could get interference from radio and other types of waves
and cause dropouts

Back
Top Bottom