Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Help with Windows Vista please

I asked this on yahoo questions but I'm not sure I got the right info

"I need to know how to hack into the administrator account of windows vista. I am NOT trying to get into someone else's account. I forgot my password and now I'm using the guest account but I can't download anything (and I'm trying to purchase photoshop!!!). Please don't tell me I have to reinstall windows vista"

this is the answer I got

Shut down your computer
open in SAFE MODE (dos black screen with white writing) either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialisation

Will go in as normal no user accounts (main or Guest)

Then go into control panel and go to USERS ACCOUNTs
delete all accounts
restart computer and it should work
.................................................. ......

Is that correct? If I do that will everything from my computer be deleted? I already saved all my songs and photos on flashdrive because I think they will be.

Also will I have internet connection problems after I do this???
thanks

will someone help? I wanna get this done by tonight.

ineedsomehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Help with Windows Vista please

if you boot XP into safe mode, you can get into the administrator account, and then there is some command that can reset an accounts password or something.

I don't know about vista, sorry. Maybe this will help: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1121307AAd5hM7

Old 01-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to diamondsoft Send a message via Yahoo to diamondsoft

I'd say get a mac, because if you forget your Password you can easily just hold down Command + S and you enter a code to boot in single user mode and then tada, you created a new admin account which from there you can change the password of the admin and restart the computer and just log in. THAT IS FOR MAC!!! The way on vista is Shut down your computer
open in SAFE MODE either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialization. Then go into control panel and go to user accounts
Change the Admin password. Restart the computer and you should be able to log into the admin account
diamondsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Download THIS and burn it to disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsoft View Post
open in SAFE MODE either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialization. Then go into control panel and go to user accounts
Change the Admin password. Restart the computer and you should be able to log into the admin account
Disregard, my apologies to you diamondsoft.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by netBooger View Post
By the way this does NOT work. Why would anyone be allowed to just restart the computer into safe mode and change the administrator password? Makes no sense, not to mention would be a HUGE security hole. You have to be an admin to change an admin password.
Actually it does work, you are accessing the hidden admin account by booting to safe mode, from there you have access to all user accounts on the pc via the Control Panel.

To stop misuse of this you can set a password on this account also, I would caution anyone thinking of doing this to consider it carefully because if you lose that password you're going to have a lot of trouble getting back into your os and may even need to reinstall (especially if your drives are encrypted)
E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by A True Folder View Post
Actually it does work, you are accessing the hidden admin account by booting to safe mode, from there you have access to all user accounts on the pc via the Control Panel.

To stop misuse of this you can set a password on this account also, I would caution anyone thinking of doing this to consider it carefully because if you lose that password you're going to have a lot of trouble getting back into your os and may even need to reinstall (especially if your drives are encrypted)
Well I'll be damned, I will have to try it later. It still makes no sense to me though as to why they would make a back door to user accounts.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
Site Team

I can never understand how people can forget their admin passwords.If you are making a password that could lock you out of your computer for christ sake choose one you will remember

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
I can never understand how people can forget their admin passwords.If you are making a password that could lock you out of your computer for christ sake choose one you will remember
Agreed, it happens too much. I got the feeling they're trying to get into someone else' account.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote