Help! Weird Pop Up!

Kinimod

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I was playing a game and when I tabbed out the game I saw these 2 pop ups on my screen.

If you people are familiar with steam you would notice that these boxes are using the steam icon.

What do I do? I have no idea what this means. Here's the screenshots:

The boxes: Screenshot by Lightshot

The icons in the taskbar: Screenshot by Lightshot

Am I better running a full or a quick scan or is this something I don't need to worry about?

Thanks

Try opening the task manager. Right click on the messages and choose open file location. Might help you figure out what's going on. If it is in fact steam that does this, try deleting everything in the steam folder except the following. (you might want to backup the folder before doing this and remember to close steam from the icon tray first)

Steam.exe (The launch file for the steam client)
Steamapps (Folder that contains your game files)
Userdata (Folder that contains save data for some games)

Then start steam again. It should redownload all the missing files.
Might fix the issue.

Last edited:
Hey, I too play a lot of games. But steam has never pop up something like that to me. I suggest you to run a virus scan to check the pc is safe. Because most of the pop ups have a meaningful message and something which is understandable. [*******************] doesn't mean anything. this may probably be due to a virus infection or an malware. So just run a scan to make sure. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom