Help With Virus.

ISU

Beta member
So, I'm actually not sure my computer has a virus or not, but I'm not a huge computer person and would love some help with fixing my issue.

What happens is when I am using my laptop it will freeze what seems like ever 20-30 minutes. When I'm on the internet it will freeze for about 2 minutes and then reset and I will be able to use it again. It's really annoying, and my computer seems slower now. The problem started about 3-4 weeks ago and I haven't been able to solve it. I've ran both Avast Antivirus, and also MalwareBytes (neither found anything).

What I find weird is that sometimes when I run either MalwareBytes or Avast, my computer will speed up and act normal. I've tried restoring my computer to an earlier date to no avail.

Also I have noticed that Avast no longer updates itself.....

I'm really frustrated and any help would be great.

Please help me,
-Thanks

You probably don't even have a virus. You might want to try uninstalling some programs that are on your system. My old system was really slow untill I uninstalled weatherbug.

try avg free if you dont want to pay out - it is really good and normally stops threats on web pages before they can download and also does very thorough checks of every file on your pc. if it is going really slow it sounds like it could be malware which can collect personal info lie password to banking sites which is worrying. if you can, try system restore which resets your computer back to a point where something was changes. so think of a date before it started messing around and go back to then and see if it fixes it
last resort if it becomes inusable. back up your files and do a factory reset - this will generally speed up your system and remove any bugs which could be slowing your system down
you can find system restore in windows o at start/all programs/accessories/system restore or somthing like that on xp or just put it in the search in the start bar on vista or windows 7
hope this helps

Have you recently installed something from the internet? If so I would try uninstalling it then see if that works.

Have you recently installed something from the internet? If so I would try uninstalling it then see if that works.

the system restore would get rid of any programs which you may have installed within the restore time. beware though, that undoing a restore will not put back your programs, only the shortcuts which dont work, you would have to reinstall the apps from their original locations again. this wont affect any docs pics anything like that. also beware that all settings you may have changed will be restored to how they were

if you are not able to restore, install a fresh copy of window from any other source not from the previous one... i am sure problem will be resolved, this is not the virus issue. after installing window and installing your important softwares, don't forget to make a restore point

Back
Top Bottom