Help removing a virus...

365_days_gone

Beta member
I downloaded FLVdirect...I should have known it was a virus just by how the website I got it from looked. The website looks ridiculous and fishy. I will link to it if you need me to, not sure if I am allowed, but anyways.

What my computer is doing now, is whenever I am on a website, a random ad will shift the entire webpage down and sit there at the top. I know some websites to this themselves, but it is happening on every site I go to now right after I downloaded this thing. Also, if I go to a website, sometimes it will just take me to ask.com with a random thing posted in the search...something like "50% medicine" or some spam crap. But then click my site again and it goes right there to it.

I think I have found the source. I am on Windows Vista and when I go and search FLV it brings up a Firefox link (flvdirect.iamwired.net) but I cannot delete it. When I even right click and click "open file location", it just opens the link in a browser. I always use firefox and just opened IE for the first time in months today and it says Iamwired is now my default search engine, and asked if I wanted to switch it back to yahoo.

Please help me get rid of this garbage. I've already uninstalled it but it has obviously left traces of itself. :(

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

??????????? :eek:

It's basically a disclaimer telling you if you just go through clicking random options / buttons in it you're likely to muck up your computer. Applications like this have to put these sorts of warnings on these days otherwise some incompetent idiot will pick up the application, muck up their PC with it and then try and sue them.

Follow the guide through properly and you shouldn't have an issue.

Could just use Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware. You can download them both from CNET so you know they are legit downloads. Just install, update, and run. You can also try to open your internet explorer and go to tools, options, advanced tab, and at the bottom click reset.

Back
Top Bottom