Help with 'Hacking'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobfritzelpuff

Solid State Member
Ok, I know some stuff about computers, and I am working on learning python. I am basically the computer maintenance guy for my circle of friends- and one of them just moved to hawaii. He now wants to know if I can help him fix a problem he's got with his computer, and wants to know if I can access his computer from mine, 6000 miles away. Is there any way for me to 'get into' his computer from here to see if i can fix stuff? Its really hard to explain (or know) what to do via instant messaging.

dyserq said:
Use remote desktop connection
the free one has problems with "resolving the ip" Link deleted on advice from admin it is great be sure to tell him to disable his antivirus because technically this is a trojan horse that could be used to do damage, but i have used it on my other systems to mess around, it did no damage to the machine itself

re: sub7

Why in the world would someone install a trojan on their friends computer unless to do some type of damage. Your friend would have to trust you alot to do that. Set up a VNC server. That is much safer and has a lot less temptation than sub7 does. Plus, you can still run your antivirus software. Link deleted on advice from admin

-thecoolkidontheblock

re: sub7

thecoolkid said:
Why in the world would someone install a trojan on their friends computer unless to do some type of damage. Your friend would have to trust you alot to do that. Set up a VNC server. That is much safer and has a lot less temptation than sub7 does. Plus, you can still run your antivirus software. Link deleted on advice from admin

-thecoolkidontheblock

yes i use VNC also..no problems with it yet. Been using it for years.

bobfritzelpuff said:
Ok, I know some stuff about computers, and I am working on learning python. I am basically the computer maintenance guy for my circle of friends- and one of them just moved to hawaii. He now wants to know if I can help him fix a problem he's got with his computer, and wants to know if I can access his computer from mine, 6000 miles away. Is there any way for me to 'get into' his computer from here to see if i can fix stuff? Its really hard to explain (or know) what to do via instant messaging.
Explain why you want to do this, it has been suggested that is to do with a trojan, & they ask why would you want to remove his anti virus?, unless you can convince me that what you you intend doing is legal, I shall lock this thread, & probably bar you, answer ASAP

Maurice said:
Explain why you want to do this, it has been suggested that is to do with a trojan, & they ask why would you want to remove his anti virus?, unless you can convince me that what you you intend doing is legal, I shall lock this thread, & probably bar you, answer ASAP

He did say why he wanted to do it... In the very first post.

bobfritzelpuff said:
He now wants to know if I can help him fix a problem he's got with his computer, and wants to know if I can access his computer from mine, 6000 miles away.

And why are you threatening this guy with a ban? It was recon16 that mentioned using a trojan horse.

recon 16 said:
the free one has problems with "resolving the ip" may i suggest ----------------- [deleted this link on advice from admin] it is great be sure to tell him to disable his antivirus because technically this is a trojan horse that could be used to do damage, but i have used it on my other systems to mess around, it did no damage to the machine itself

I aint trying to get banned myself, but did you by any chance read the thread at all and took note of who posted what? Because the first guy that posted simply wants to help a friend.

un4given said:
He did say why he wanted to do it... In the very first post.

And why are you threatening this guy with a ban? It was recon16 that mentioned using a trojan horse.

I aint trying to get banned myself, but did you by any chance read the thread at all and took note of who posted what? Because the first guy that posted simply wants to help a friend.
I didn't threaten him, I warned him that unless he could prove, etc, etc.
At first it looked as if the two were in collusion, I can see now that they aren't, in policing all the threads for hours on end, directly someone says that he wants to hack, [that was in the thread title wasn't it?, it rang warning bells to me

Just get rid of all the links to the Sub7 trojan in post number 3, including the links that are in the quotes in the posts that have been replied to.

With all the crud about the spyware in the ads last week, when can we expect to be inundated with members complaing that they are getting trojans off this website... :mad:

Edit: Thank you Maurice, well done...
thumb_yello.gif

Ok I've been asked to stop by and put in my 2 cents worth.
1> You have no idea what this guy is really up to.
2> Why in God's name would you tell some one to turn off his antivirus and load a trojan? That little sucker makes a system open up to any one.
3> His asking for this kind of help borders on rule infraction governing asking for or giving out this type of information. Um hacking info in this forum is a serious no no.
4> I know a few of you don't give a rats rear end about the rules here and you're going to provide answers to those types of inquires.
So If we see this type of garbage going on the poster and the person providing the answers will be in the same rapidly sinking boat.
This thread and this matter is closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom