help

iluvslp

Solid State Member
hello im new to this forums and i am a computer noob but i hope u guys can help me with my problem. When im surfing the web, i get another window where some program called winantivirus pro scans my computer and gives me a total of 249 viruses i supposively have on my comp, then it asks me if i want to download it. this happens randomly when im online. Is there any way i can stop this from happening? :confused:

Get a pop up blocker, and by sounds/reading,
Get some/a, anti spyware program(s)

Google;

Suggestions;

Ad-Aware (lastest version)
Spybot (lastest version)

Also its good to have a anti-virus aswell.

Im sure others have more suggestions..

Have you tryed removing it? I read up on it and some people said they cant remove it so....
C:\Windows\DownloadedProgramFiles\UWA5PLP_0001_0721NetInstaller.exe would be the place it would be I think..

I assume you already looked in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs, and did not find it?

You need to disable it from starting up when you log-in. One good way is to download and run Autoruns from: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
Use it to scan your system. Use the "Hide Micorsoft Entries" option to reduce the list, then un-check anything that pertains to that program. Then reboot and it should be gone.

... Get a pop up blocker. Those windows are just spam. And I suggest getting norton antivirus or another antivirus/firewall. You will DEF. need one of those unless you want to ruin your comp.

Yea, I just asumed it was a program that wouldnt go away from what I read, my bad :) so... yea what Chaos said, a pop up blocker would be best :)

Steff said:
Ad-Aware is also good if your not willing to pay anything.

go to www.f-secure.com and download their beta version of Internet Security 2007. it bundles antivirus, antispam and antispyware into one. What it does that Adaware doesnt do is has an active guard like Ewido for spyware so it blocks that crap before it gets on your computer. But unlike Ewido, this is currently free and wont ask you to buy it after 30 days.

thnx every1 for all the post, ive got a question what is a good antivirus AVG or Norton.

iluvslp said:
thnx every1 for all the post, ive got a question what is a good antivirus AVG or Norton.

internet security 2007 also does that...read about it...and get MORE informed...

Back
Top Bottom