Help???

psykojuggalo

Solid State Member
Ok, I hope someone on this forum is nice enough to help me no one else will

Ok this is my problem i recently moved so i had to move my computer got connected back to the internet and ever since i have been getting several virus's and spyware.

I cant open up task manager it freezes and when i go to start menu turn off computer nothing will come up? then i get a screen that says NT authority is shutting down it says c:\\windows\system32\lsass.exe status code 128 and gives a 59 second count down then reboots.

I have ran spybot search and destroy and adaware se to remove as much as i can but had no luck so i then reformatted twice And it still does the same thing what can i do to fix this now my computer says i have win32ssr.exe virus but nothing can find it

I am running windows xp can anyone please help me????

thanks jon

You reformatted completley and it did the same thing? After a clean format i would install Zone Alarm free firewall its is awsome and keeps stuff out like crazy.

Personally, I've never seen a virus stay on a computer after a format and reinstall- maybe we're not clear on the formatting part. You wiped everything- I mean everything- had to reload Windows, each program one at a time, the whole works- and you're still getting the virus? This would be the first time I've seen this happen. On to the issue.....

Try a free virus scan from Trend Micor's Web site- that's a start. What antivirus app do you use? I use Avast!, Home Edition which is free, and has kept me virus free for a very long time. You can get it at Avast.com. Also, I would try some removal tools- you can download these from several different antivirus Websites, burn to a CD, and run as soon as you get it into the computer. If the computer keeps shutting down, try going into Safe Mode with Networking (keep tapping F8 after rebooting the computer), and see if you can get to the free virus scan online from there. Try these, and if this don't work, post back.

pctechmike said:
Personally, I've never seen a virus stay on a computer after a format and reinstall- maybe we're not clear on the formatting part. You wiped everything- I mean everything- had to reload Windows, each program one at a time, the whole works- and you're still getting the virus? This would be the first time I've seen this happen. On to the issue.....

Try a free virus scan from Trend Micor's Web site- that's a start. What antivirus app do you use? I use Avast!, Home Edition which is free, and has kept me virus free for a very long time. You can get it at Avast.com. Also, I would try some removal tools- you can download these from several different antivirus Websites, burn to a CD, and run as soon as you get it into the computer. If the computer keeps shutting down, try going into Safe Mode with Networking (keep tapping F8 after rebooting the computer), and see if you can get to the free virus scan online from there. Try these, and if this don't work, post back.

Yes i completely reformatted it i have to reinstall all programs and all drivers I did it one more time and it seems to be doing fine i downloaded Zone alarm and it has treated 6 virus's and they were all win32sbb or something like that but since then everything as been ok so far

thanks for all of your guys help

jon

um, yeah that sounds a bit strange. Do a system recovery if you can, and definitely run a virus scan

are you playing around hooked up to the net after your format? is your windows install SP1 or SP2?

Back
Top Bottom