Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Help???

Ok, I hope someone on this forum is nice enough to help me no one else will

Ok this is my problem i recently moved so i had to move my computer got connected back to the internet and ever since i have been getting several virus's and spyware.

I cant open up task manager it freezes and when i go to start menu turn off computer nothing will come up? then i get a screen that says NT authority is shutting down it says c:\\windows\system32\lsass.exe status code 128 and gives a 59 second count down then reboots.

I have ran spybot search and destroy and adaware se to remove as much as i can but had no luck so i then reformatted twice And it still does the same thing what can i do to fix this now my computer says i have win32ssr.exe virus but nothing can find it

I am running windows xp can anyone please help me????

thanks jon

psykojuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^
Default Re: Help???

You reformatted completley and it did the same thing? After a clean format i would install Zone Alarm free firewall its is awsome and keeps stuff out like crazy.

^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

can you do a system recovery
Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike

Personally, I've never seen a virus stay on a computer after a format and reinstall- maybe we're not clear on the formatting part. You wiped everything- I mean everything- had to reload Windows, each program one at a time, the whole works- and you're still getting the virus? This would be the first time I've seen this happen. On to the issue.....

Try a free virus scan from Trend Micor's Web site- that's a start. What antivirus app do you use? I use Avast!, Home Edition which is free, and has kept me virus free for a very long time. You can get it at Avast.com. Also, I would try some removal tools- you can download these from several different antivirus Websites, burn to a CD, and run as soon as you get it into the computer. If the computer keeps shutting down, try going into Safe Mode with Networking (keep tapping F8 after rebooting the computer), and see if you can get to the free virus scan online from there. Try these, and if this don't work, post back.
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Ya ive never seen that either...did you format your pc using a formatt file on the harddrive?
burton_o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctechmike
Personally, I've never seen a virus stay on a computer after a format and reinstall- maybe we're not clear on the formatting part. You wiped everything- I mean everything- had to reload Windows, each program one at a time, the whole works- and you're still getting the virus? This would be the first time I've seen this happen. On to the issue.....

Try a free virus scan from Trend Micor's Web site- that's a start. What antivirus app do you use? I use Avast!, Home Edition which is free, and has kept me virus free for a very long time. You can get it at Avast.com. Also, I would try some removal tools- you can download these from several different antivirus Websites, burn to a CD, and run as soon as you get it into the computer. If the computer keeps shutting down, try going into Safe Mode with Networking (keep tapping F8 after rebooting the computer), and see if you can get to the free virus scan online from there. Try these, and if this don't work, post back.

Yes i completely reformatted it i have to reinstall all programs and all drivers I did it one more time and it seems to be doing fine i downloaded Zone alarm and it has treated 6 virus's and they were all win32sbb or something like that but since then everything as been ok so far

thanks for all of your guys help

jon
psykojuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

um, yeah that sounds a bit strange. Do a system recovery if you can, and definitely run a virus scan
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
In Runtime

are you playing around hooked up to the net after your format? is your windows install SP1 or SP2?

user12 is offline   Reply With Quote