Help

dogface

Solid State Member
I had my credit cards stolen online, I t seems my pc was hacked, and used.

Is it really possible for someone to break into my computer and use it has their own?

I'm worried!
Thanks.

I just looked into it a little more, I notice that I have files on my computer that I have no idea what they are. They look like numbers and letters.

My mouse doesn't seem to respond too well either, I also checked my e-mail and noticed that e-mails have been sent that I didn't send.

When I dial up sometimes I run just fine other times my computer runs really slow and than it freezes up, I've also noticed that from time to time my disc drawer opens and closes by it self...wtf is happening here?

It's probaly a trojan horse, where someone can control your pc, see your screen and record every keystroke.

I recomend that you update your antivurus and do a full scan in safemode.

NetLight said:
It's probaly a trojan horse, where someone can control your pc, see your screen and record every keystroke.

I recomend that you update your antivurus and do a full scan in safemode.

Thank you NetLight.

When you say "control my pc" does that mean it's as if they're sitting infront of my computer?

Can they do illegal things with it?

Should I inform the Police?

Thanks again!

They dcant find them. I suggest wipingyour HDD like 5 times and spending the money on good HDD erasing software.

how do they get on your computer do u have to open a file or do they just get send straight to your computer while on the net.

Oh and don't banks sometimes say in the contract or something that you should not store your account numbers or passwords in any format? if you stored it then someone could steal it...

You could very well have a backdoor trojan. Most backdoor trojan's are easily caught by anti-virus software and usually are blocked if the person the virus is executed on has a firewall. So have your anti-virus up to date and get a decent firewall and you shouldn't have a problem. If you were using a public computer at anytime then it is possible someone had a keylogger on it. For some basic infor on a backdoor trojan google "subseven". It is one of the most popular backdoor's. CA should have some info about how to get rid of it and what it is.

thrice said:
You could very well have a backdoor trojan. Most backdoor trojan's are easily caught by anti-virus software and usually are blocked if the person the virus is executed on has a firewall. So have your anti-virus up to date and get a decent firewall and you shouldn't have a problem. If you were using a public computer at anytime then it is possible someone had a keylogger on it. For some basic infor on a backdoor trojan google "subseven". It is one of the most popular backdoor's. CA should have some info about how to get rid of it and what it is.

i did research on this virus it's scary.

If this is on my machine, someone is using my computer without me knowing it?

They can surf the net with my pc?

Back
Top Bottom