Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Cyber Safety and Computer Security
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to wiccachylde22 Send a message via Yahoo to wiccachylde22
Default hash converter antone

i'm looking for a hash converter that will change a hash into a text format i have this software that came w\ my cell phone and it is password protocted and i've been trying for days now 2 break them any help would be greatful my e-mail is chylde_of_the_fire@comcast.net i'll send you the file if it will help(there is accutally 2 files0 thanx

wiccachylde22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to RewtGuy
Default Re: hash converter antone

umm... hash is a one way converstion man (at least it is for md5). you can't CONVERT it back, but you can try every possiblity til you get the same hash.

it's like this 1+1= 2 the hash is two. but there are tons of ways you can get to two. 2-0=2. So converting it back would be impossible. And it's on a much more complex scale.

Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
RewtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Default re: hash converter

im confused by what you are asking. You have a password protected cell phone program and you need to break it open? Since when did cell phone companies create passwords for phones...unless the the phone wasn't urs...? Just wondering...but u might want to try pwdump or something like that or maybe john...

thecoolkidontheblock

-Thomas Edison, Modern Day.
thecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

thecoolkid, you can't "crack" a hash...

you can try every possability though...
Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to wiccachylde22 Send a message via Yahoo to wiccachylde22
Default it is my phone

it's not my phone i'm talking about i have software that came with a data cable and for some reason some of the games on the software disc(zip files) are password protected so i tried to go to the site where they came from but the site is gone there is no password file on the disc w/ the passwords i've run dozens of zip password crackers and they all say it'll take over 1000 years (i don't think i have that long a lifespan) so i found the hashes and just trying to c if there is a converter from hash to text thats all
wiccachylde22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
The Candyman

i don't think it's worth the effort of cracking the zip to get to the game. If you D/L'd the game, i would just search out the net for one that is not password protected.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

like i said, there aren't hash converters.

there are databases with many hashes. they take words and encrypt them. and save the hash.