Hacking Training

Shadow0fDeath said:
pick up some good networking, security books, a copy of Hacking Exposed. go read stuff on the following sites

www.astalavista.com
www.antionline.com
www.blackcode.com
www.hackers.com
www.hackerscenter.com

check out 2600 magazine too if you want.....to test skills find a good wargames sites, those are on servers that are meant to be hacked as long as nothing malicious is done.

Those websites you have up there are ran by skiddies. Trojans/virii's/programs everywhere in those. The only decent one(s) are www.astalavista.com and www.antionline.com

Rocker said:
Your best bet would be a place like Astalavista.com, theygot some decent tutorials, and a few downloads to help you along your way. :)

I need to have a word with you:

Telling somebody who want's to hack to learn from www.Astalavista.com is like giving them all the trojans and your ip address. Astalavista is for skiddies of all kind. Annoying, stupid, new. Their tutorials are either very breif or copied from somewhere along the NET. No one at Astalavista is a real hacker. They download and upload the programs and that's all. Nothing more. They're trying to make a big organization because they want more skiddies to come along and fuck up our internet. Downloads? Please no downloads. Use your brain and check out www.TechTutorials.com - www.CPlusPLus.com - www.Wise-Old-Man.com - www.w3.com - www.Google.com. So please next time you give somebody advice watch what you give.

DevilHack said:
I need to have a word with you:

Telling somebody who want's to hack to learn from www.Astalavista.com is like giving them all the trojans and your ip address. Astalavista is for skiddies of all kind. Annoying, stupid, new. Their tutorials are either very breif or copied from somewhere along the NET. No one at Astalavista is a real hacker. They download and upload the programs and that's all. Nothing more. They're trying to make a big organization because they want more skiddies to come along and fuck up our internet. Downloads? Please no downloads. Use your brain and check out www.TechTutorials.com - www.CPlusPLus.com - www.Wise-Old-Man.com - www.w3.com - www.Google.com. So please next time you give somebody advice watch what you give.

:rolleyes:

I need to have a word with you too then :

Just because you think astalavista.com is run by "skiddies", does not mean you can run your big fucking mouth at me about it. Like it or not, I along with many others have used astalavista with no problems at all. Just because your ego makes you think that your bigger and better than everyone else, doesn't mean that I, or anyone else, has to agree with you. They may agree with you, they may not, but honestly, that isn't my damn problem. Someone asked for help and I gave it. I have nothing against you making your opinions. Free world right? Me helping someone, however, doesn't need your approval.

You bitch at me for posting astalavista.com, yet in a previous post you point out that astalavista.com is one of the only decent sites from what Shadowofdeath posted.

Those websites you have up there are ran by skiddies. Trojans/virii's/programs everywhere in those. The only decent one(s) are http://www.astalavista.com and http://www.antionline.com

Slightly contradictory? No? Why didn't you bitch at Shadowofdeath? Hmm?

I don't have an Ego. I just think that Astalavista is a website that is really bad to start out on. Only because if the new ones to our world go there and pick up a trojan then they think that is hacking and think that is all we do. Now once their more experienced and know what to avoid it is fine to visit that site and read just not download. Most of the tutorials talk about programs and trojans. I just don't want the hacker community to go into flames.

Hello everyone,

Hacking is something that I am very interested in...

0072230614.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Is that the book you speak of?

Thanks,

Jez

o_O VERY interesting....

Anyway, if you're worried about LAN and stuff Linux isn't the best way to go. Every Linux is supposibly easy to hack into because it doesn't keep track of how many failed tries it's had since you last logged on or ANY track of failed attempts WHATSOEVER! Not too sure which ones do, but there are some OSs that do.

Member,
~ Spdstr

I own the book (hacking exposed 3rd edition). It's a good book. There's a lot of books out there that could help. Go to your local bookstore / libarary and look at a few books in the computer section. Like a lot of people recommend, tcp/ip and networking books of that sort are good, but you should also read up on how different operating system works. Programming wouldn't be a bad idea ither. A GOOD website for reference would be
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-index2.html

Spdstr. It does keep track, I know every person that's visited my website. What they looked at / downloaded and what time too. I know everytime someone has logged into the box and failed attemps too.

Although what about Linux viruses? pshhhhh, no one hates Linux enough to write one.
Reiken, there are viruses on linux. Enough for ClamAV to be released. http://clamav.net/

The problem is a lot of these sites / communities are run by lamers with their big ego, sit in irc all day and flame eachother. Their sites lack update, exploits get patched.

Knowledge is power. The problem with a lot of these sites. It's just the same content over and over again, mostly.

If you have someone else teach you, you're limited by their knowledge. If you teach yourself, you're limited by your capabilities.

Hacking is a skill you develop yourself. Sure you can have people share knowledge, but you can't really teach people how to hack, it's something you figure out on your own.

That's just what I think.

I'd like a tutorial on hacking also. I own my own website hosted by a good friend who is in the webhosting industry and i've looked on various sites to try and learn how i go about doing things via command prompts and such, even went as far as setting up my own telnet server on my pc and then trying to hack that, but i didnt really know how to do anything other than what it is meant for. I'll check out a few of them sites, but antionline looks like a bit of a large site, any more direct links to articles/tutorials in question? a sort of complete course if available. Thanks.
I found a lot of useful information via interNIC here http://www.medizin.fu-berlin.de/medbib/15min/index2.html
and whilst it takes a long time to go through every file, it explains everything simply, and in enough detail to get a broad, although still with questions, view on the entire issue. One thing i have come to realise is that knowing one thing in detail is still nothing without knowing all the things that surround it.

Back
Top Bottom